Kids swear never to have milk in their lifetime

Shishir Kumar
Ranchi

“Khucho ho, kitna bhi bhuk lage. Kaan pakertein hain ab jo hum dhoodh piyein.” (Whatever be the case - no matters how hungry I would be – I hold my ears would never drink milk again).

These are the words of 10-years old Suraj. He along with around a dozen of his schoolmates was released from Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) on Sunday. Suraj had suffered food poisoning on Thursday after he consumed milk that was provided at the Bero Tribal Residential School.

“I just want to reach my home. I do not have any grievances with anyone. Now definitely I am not going to have milk, even the thought of having milk scares me,” the little Suraj claimed.

The words of Shaktiraj, a student of class V, seconded the thought of Suraj. “Had I ever known that that the milk would bring show much of suffering to me I would have not had it. I was vomiting blood and still I don’t fell like standing,” Raj added.

Meanwhile the students had to loiter within the campus for about six hours before they were packed in a single Sumo car and were sent to their home back. “We are loitering within the campus since morning and now it is 2’o’clock and still we cannot have not been given any conveyance to go back home,” said Karmachand Oraon, a student of class II.

Oraon had to wait for two days to meet his parents while he was admitted in the hospital. “I do not want to return back to the school. I am better with my parents at my village. I will eat less but not at my school,” he said.

The kids horrified with the death of their friends had more pain than the limits that they would have ever thought-off. “My whole body is aching. I cannot move my hands. They had put needles in my arms and even though it has been removed I hate even slight movement of my hand,” claimed Ranjet Beda.

Comments